In this digital era, all internet users know about social media. They also have more than five social media apps on their phones.
How many have on your phone and Which one is used most?
Marketers make a strategy to promote products and services through social media.
Lets more clear about Social media marketing(SMM)
SMM is one the best element of digital marketing or internet marketing that uses social media platforms for brand promotion and increasing sales.
Basically, social media is used for Social Networking, Photo Sharing, Video Sharing, Interactive Media and Blogging/Community Building.
Some of the high users of Social media platforms are Facebook, Tiktok, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Snapchat, Linkedin, Reddit and more.
Social media helps to connect with their targeted audience, create a digital brand, increase sales and trust and drive traffic to a website.
According to Lauterborn, 1990 “The 4Cs to replace the 4Ps of the marketing mix: Consumer wants and needs; Cost to satisfy; Convenience to buy and Communication
If are you interested to control your social media pages you have to learn basic skills.
Basic skills for Social media Marketing
- Excellent and strong Communication with customers, team members and stakeholders. Also, storytelling abilities.
- Creativity: Creating something new, and valuable, developing innovatively,
- Writing Ability; Writing must be more concise and readable which can impact social media posts.
- Planning, analysis of customers, competitors, capabilities, cost, channel and coordination
- Will learn quickly about social media updates and markets flow
- Basic knowledge about marketing products, price, promotion and place
If you are planning to use social media marketing strategy in 2023 you must think about
- Understand your targeted audience
- Which social media platforms are used?
- Age, location, and gender. ( who are they)
- Define clear goals or a clear vision of what you want from social media
- Increasing brand awareness
- Generating leads for your business
- Increasing followers
- Website Traffic
- Analysis of Metric
- The number of likes, comments and share
- Number to a Clicks post
- Maximum reach and minimum reach,
- Customer feeling
- Choose the right social media channels. Facebook, Instagram, Tittok, Twitter etc…
- Establish a posting schedule. Daily, weekly( regular same schedule is better results)
Here are some tips for successful social media marketing which help to get better results.
- Create a Strategy. Each platform needs its strategy.
- Be Consistent.
- Create Engaging & Interesting Content.
- Track and Analyze Metrics.
Social media marketing is one of the best digital marketing strategies to connect new and existing customers.
It helps to brand awareness, reach large audiences, connect directly with your targeted customers, and drive traffic to websites.
Social media is an opportunity to build your brand fastly and increase its reach and audience by focusing on uniqueness, influence, trust and relevance.